Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pulling Out!

I recently finished watching the second season of the BBC (I think it's from the BBC; anyway, it's British) comedy, "Pulling." I don't think it's on in the states, though it may be on BBC America. It's a pretty simple concept, really: a woman gets "cold feet" and leaves her husband, pretty much at the altar, and the two of them try to adjust to this drastic event.
To look at it objectively, it's the same basic premise as Friends or Sex in the City, at least I assume it is. I've never actually seen an entire episode of either of those two shows, but what I have seen sucks ass. Pulling not only doesn't suck ass, it actually kicks it! It is one of the rawest shows on (or not on) TV, and the fact that it's primarily comprised of females makes it even more surprising. Nothing against the ladies, you know I love them, but they don't usually make me laugh. And that's no reason to stop trying, sweethearts. Anyway, the situations and interactions these three psycopaths (four, if you count Carl, the lead character's ex-fiance) are continually hysterical. Definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of the Office, Peep Show, or Ideal.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

My blog isn't open to anonymous comments. I think you can see why.