Monday, December 31, 2007

Best of 2007: Television

This was another no-brainer. The previous summer, I purchased a video ipod and watched seasons one and two of Lost. I really hadn't watched any television shows of any sort for about ten years at least, other than the Simpsons and Futurama. It was probably way longer than that, actually. Anyway, I wanted to try out the new iPod, so I acquired digital copies of season one. It floored me, and I watched both seasons. As such, I was psyched for the debut of season three.
And man, they didn't let down. Well, they did a little bit, since that whole deal at the beginning with the Mexican standoff was dragged out a little thin. Other than that, though, this show kicked ass. There were a few duds in the mix (like the one where those two characters got buried alive), but even those were pretty great episodes. The overall storyline is so great, though, that anything that doesn't propel it along can be seen as tiresome.
And talk about cliffhangers! Shit on a shingle, if the last two minutes of that final episode didn't have me crapping in my pants. The best thing about it all was that I was entirely 'spoiler-free' throughout the whole series. I recommend avoiding commercials and gossip sites. What a great fucking show.

No comments: