Thursday, January 31, 2008

What's Been Going On

Here is what I have been doing lately, in the realm of all that is nerdness. Most of my entertainment time has been devoted to re-reading John Milton's "Paradise Lost." It's a great book, and I am enjoying it even more the second time around. I want to finally finish reading "Paradise Regained," too. I started that one a long, long time ago and never finished it. It kind of sucks, though, because someone told me He dies at the end.
I saw a few decent flicks lately, too. No Country for Old Men was pretty cool, though it kind of crapped out at the end. To tell the truth, I wasn't paying 100% attention by that point, so I missed most of what Johnny Lee Oswald Copman (whatever the fuck his name is) said at the very end. I heard it must have been pretty cool, though.
I got an old Clash bootleg, demos from the "Combat Rock" album. It contains Mick Jones' original mixes, which got rejected. They are pretty cool, and have more of a Sandinista! vibe to them, but they're really not too, too different from the album version. A lot of people hate on Combat Rock, but I always liked it. Still, it's the shittiest Clash album ever (Cut the Crap does not count).

1 comment:

Ryan said...

OH, HEY, THANKS FOR SPOILING PARADISE REGAINED FOR ME!

Seriously, dude. It only came out in 1671. Is it that hard to throw up a spoiler warning?

I haven't been this livid since some jerkwad spoiled Titanic for me.